On 01/14/2016 07:42 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:
For the immediate future, we plan to continue with SL 7.  When EL 8
emerges, we may need to re-evaluate the situation.  That being stated,
for non-CERN groups (that is, groups neither employed by CERN nor in one
of the collider collaborations), is there a CERN equivalent to this SL
list?

No, not really: we provide support for CERN staff/users and collaborators.

What "services" does linux.supp...@cern.ch provide?  I understand that
for CERN groups, the service presumably is close to what RH provides to
contract for-fee customers, with the proviso that the CS persons with
CERN groups know what they are doing.

Yes, that is more or less it.

What is available to non-CERN
groups/persons?

'Best effort' policy: we will try to solve the problem,
resources permitting.

Best Regards

Jarek

__