"Be not afraid. The Island is full of noises." Shakespeare The Tempest

"Oh brave new world that has such people in it." Shakespeare The Tempest

In xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink. -- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I cannot live without my life; I cannot die without my soul -- Wuthering Heights Emily Bronte

"Haunt me then!" Wuthering Heights

"We are such stuff as dreams are made of and our lives are rounded in a dream." Midsummer night's dream

"Death, the sound was reverbeated --everlasting farewells! and again, and yet again reverberated --everlasting farewells  Thomas De Quincey Confessions of an Opium Eater

"I dreamed a dream tonight"
"And so did I."
"Well, what was yours?"
"That dreamers often lie."
"In bed asleep, while they do dream things true." Romeo and Juliet Shakespeare"

"Would you like to play a game?" Wargames

"Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane" Superman

"To the Batcave!" Batman

"I see dead people." Signs

"He whose name must not be spoken" Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone

Their maxim is, that among People of Quality a Wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable Companion, because she cannot always be young. -- Gullivers Travels, Jonathan Swift

Poor Nations are hungry, and rich Nations are proud; and Pride and Hunger will ever be at variance.-- Gullivers Travels, Jonathan Swift

A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor.  Aldous Huxley

"History is bunk.": Aldous Huxley Brave New World

"Christianity without tears— that’s what soma is." Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

"But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

"You’ve got to choose between happiness and what people used to call high art. We’ve sacrificed the high art." Aldous Huxley Brave New World