From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Cat Corley
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 04:34
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: Dr. Who Premieres on Sci Fi Channel Friday
Night!

Keith, you gotta get some pals in the UK :)
Yes, you are correct Eccleston is the one from 2005 and the one that
you are now seeing on the SciFi channel. I saw those last year but I'm
still rewatching them on the SciFi channel.

Cat
On 3/18/06, Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is Eccleston the one on the series from 2005, the one on the Sci Fi
> Channel's current run? When did you get a chance to see the
replacement
> already? I thought the series was being delayed in release time from
the
> UK to the US.

On
> Behalf Of Meta
> Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 05:09
> To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Dr. Who Premieres on Sci Fi Channel Friday
> Night!
>

> --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Cat Corley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I loved it. It's a show that takes you on an adventure. I miss shows
> > with weird aliens and costumes. There should be more rubber masks
and
> > puppets.
> >

> I love it as well. There's nothing wrong with
> cheesy sci/fi, if its good cheese.:)
>
> > Christopher Eccleston was also in The Others with Nicole Kidman. He
> > supposedly quit the show after 1 season because he was going to be
in
> > the DaVinci Code movie. I haven't seen his name in the credits yet.
> >

> He didn't want to be typecasted as The Doctor either.
> Don't worry, however his replacement picks up
> the ball very well.
> > Cat
> >
> > On 3/16/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Believe it or don't, I never watched the famed "Dr. Who" from back
> in the day. I saw Tom Baker (?), watched a few minutes of some shows,
> but never got into it. What can I say? I was a goofy kid who was too
> focused on Star Trek, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, etc. The only
> British fare I was hooked on was Monty Python. Never saw *any* of the
> Brit sci fi shows.
> > >
> > > But now's my chance! The highly anticipated and highly praised
> revival of Dr. Who (from 2005), premieres tomorrow night on Sci Fi
> Channel. I'm hearing rave reviews about it. I hear fully 44% of all
> British households tuned in for the premiere last year!   I hear the
> new Doctor is decidedly different, but liked. I believe I saw the
> actor play a military leader in "28 Days Later"?

Science
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w1=Scie
nce+fiction+and+fantasy&w2=Genre+magazine&c=2&s=53&.sig=8s5ldQicr16mMwkM
wHGybg> fiction and fantasy     Genre
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genre+magazine&w1=Science+fiction+a
nd+fantasy&w2=Genre+magazine&c=2&s=53&.sig=6x48yHym4cI_VD4C3GisSg>
magazine

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*        Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____