[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Important science stuff.

* Race of tiny people didn't exist, scientists say:
More and more researchers are disputing a 2004 study
concluding that miniature humans evolved on an
island.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060518_floresfrm.htm

* Animals may plan ahead, studies find:
The investigations may be important for
understanding the evolution of foresight, according
to an expert.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060518_planfrm.htm

* Shedding light on the origin of flowers:
New research may help clarify a question that Darwin
called an "abominable mystery."

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060517_flowerfrm.htm

* Bananas could die out, group warns:
Humans are wiping out wild bananas, and commercial
varieties may not be able to survive, U.N. officials
say.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060517_bananafrm.htm

* Human, chimp lineages interbred after splitting,
study suggests:
Darwin's claim that we descend from ape-like
creatures, shocking to some, may seem easy to
stomach compared with new findings.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060517_hybridfrm.htm

* One gene change turns "cheating" microbe to role
model:
A discovery shows that simple mutations can
transform complex forms of social behavior,
biologists say.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060517_xanthusfrm.htm

********************************

Do you have friends who would like to join World
Science? If so, just send us their email addresses
(after making sure they actually want to sign up)
and we will add them to the list. Send the addresses
to this email address.

This is the World Science newsletter. To cancel your
subscription, please reply to this email address
with "cancel" in the subject line. To subscribe,
write to this email address with "subscribe" in the
subject line. To change the address where you
receive the newsletter, please write to this email
address and request the change.

Science fiction and fantasy Genre magazine

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS