Marvel comics has come under fire from superhero fans for unmasking one
of their stars at a fictional press conference. Enduring crusader
Spider-Man unexpectedly takes off his mask in front of awaiting
reporters and snappers at a Washington publicity call in Marvel's latest
edition, revealing the identity he has battled to keep secret for 44
years. Peter Parker agrees to the unmasking after federal legislation
requires super heroes register and reveal their identities in a
crackdown inspired by the deaths of hundreds of children at an
elementary school when a battle between heroes and villains spills onto
their grounds. But Marvel's editor-in-chief Joe Quesada reassured
disgruntled fans on Wednesday that the unprecedented move is a positive
step for the comic adventures. He said, "It is arguably the most
shocking event in comic book history. It can be very intimidating if you
don't know where the story is going or how it ends; we do, so we're just
excited about where it takes us and the story possibilities it offers."
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-06-16/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/si.u7A/bOaOAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM