From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bosco Bosco
Sent: Monday, 26 June, 2006 13:56
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Church Bulks Up for 'Spider-Man 3'

don't forget the steroids. Always a wise choice. I wonder how he'll
feel about it if get liver cancer or impotency from the steroids so
he could fulfill a look for a role in a movie? I think there's a line
there that I probably would not cross

That said, I'd love to have personal trainer at my disposal every day
to help me develop and maintain, a nutritionist is a must as well. If
you don't fuel properly for your program, you can't achieve the
desired results.

Bosco

--- KeithBJohnson@ <mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> comcast.net wrote:

> That's one of the few ways I kinda envy actors: they get to train
> and be trained in a wide range of physical things as part of the
> job. I have to make a concerted effort to hit the gym at my job,
> and since I'm IT there's always the possibility some dopey user
> will try to find me to reset their screensaver or something. How
> neat to be able to develop a toned body, endurance, agility, and
> even learn some cool fighting skills as part of a job! I look at
> Keanu Reeves for the Matrix: the guy's my age and could do a split
> before his training was done, and learned a lot of martial arts
> moves. True, it's movie-fighting, not like the real thing, but
> can't deny the shape he was in. Same for Tom Cruise in "The Last
> Samurai". And Tobey McGuire gets a great regime of muscle-building
> and flexibility enhancement for his role as the Webslinger.
> Must be nice to get to a level where you have all manner of
> trainers, clothing and hair advisers, and nutritionists to help you
> be the best you can be all the time.

> From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com>
aladvantage.com>

> Thomas Haden Church was shocked when producers of Spider-man #
> insisted
> he work out intensely for over a year to prepare for a part in the
> film.
> The 45-year-old plays the villain Sandman and found it a shocking
> change
> after having to gain weight for his role in Sideways. He explains,
> "When
> I met with the (Spider-Man 3) producers and director last year they
>
> said, 'We probably need you to get in a specific physical shape for
> the
> movie. Do you mind taking off your shirt?' I took off my shirt and
> the
> director Sam Raimi said, 'We're going to need you to gain about 100
>
> pounds of muscle. You've come here today with the physique of a
> fishwife
> and that doesn't fit into our scheme...' I gained a bunch of weight
> for
> Sideways, because the director wanted me to appear bloated. I
> thought,
> 'I'll make a special cocktail of beer and ice cream in the blender
> and
> it will suit this purpose quite nicely!'" Church began his
> intensive
> training for the role and is now in top-form. He adds jokingly, "I
> had
> to start working out last year, it's been about 16 months of five
> days a
> week lifting weights and all right...steroids!"
> http://www.imdb. <http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-06-26/>
com/news/wenn/2006-06-26/

I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.

You know these things that happen,
That's just the way it's supposed to be.
And I can't help but wonder,
Don't ya know it coulda been me.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM