I wouldn't say it was completely lousy...

Martin Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          No, pal! In this, you shout to
the rooftops about how lousy this is.

Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Okay...keeping silent...

Martin Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Be even more afraid, my friend. I sat
through part of the repeat last night, waiting for The Boondocks to air on AS,
and it only cemented my opinion.

Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Gosh, after what you guys said about the
show, I'm really afraid to put my two cents in...at least, based on hgaving the
chance to see the last three episodes together...

drcsaid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I'd rather watch Spike TV's "Blade" and
Teresa Graves "Vampira" back
to back....

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> When I forced myself to watch that, I felt absolutely nothing. Now
I know where all of my anger went. The sole reason i can fathom for
the world being subjected to this is the massive contract that Stan
the Man almost certainly had SciFi sign for this. I anticipate more
crap on the horizon.

> Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Okay, I thought
it couldn't get any worse. I didn't think any "reality" show
> could be dumber than the "is he gay" dating show, the midget dating
show,
> the "are you my daddy?" show. Wife Swap. How wrong I was! While
trying
> take care of some financial business, I turned on the TV for
background
> noise. (That'll teach me to use the boob tube instead of listening
to a
> music CD!) Waiting for Tavis Smiley, I idly surfed by Sci Fi
Channel, and
> watched a few minutes of Stan Lee's "Who Wants to Be a Superhero".
>
> Man what junk! I can't tell if the participants are really somewhat
> delusional geeks who take this crap seriously, wannabe actors and
stunt
> people looking for an in into Hollywood, or people who really want
to get
> into the comics industry. It's so dumb: Monkey Woman? Feedback?
Nitro G?!
> Fat Mama??? (And ain't it just perfect that the lone Black person
selected
> is a heavyset Black woman who sings "Fat mama"?! Well, I guess it's
better
> than if she had on a head rag and started singing "Black Mammy" or
> something!) I couldn't decide whether to laugh or gag as a curiously
> subdued and ham-handed Stan Lee appeared on a TV screen handing out
> assignments to his would-be heroes, admonishing them about the
seriousness
> of what they're doing. Hell, if Lee hadn't cried "Excelsior!" at
the end of
> his session, I' barely know it was him! After that it was all
downhill, as
> the contestants had to change from their "secret identities" into
their
> uniforms, on the street, but out of sight of passersby. Then they
ran some
> stupid-a&& course while some dopey kid pretended to be lost,
screaming "help
> me!" all the while. The dweebs who ignored the girl--choosing their
> assignment over saving a civilian--were the ones chosen to possibly
be
> kicked off. Poor Nitro G! He looked so sad when Lee told him he had
to go
> home! Sniff!
>
> Somebody please tell me I missed it, that this is a cleverly
> self-deprecating piece of pop cultural deconstruction, and that it's
> actually funny and witty. Tell me I didn't waste twenty minutes of
my life
> on this junk! And tell me one of you will watch it and give us
regular
> updates so I don't have to waste anymore brain cells.

> "Excuse me while I whip this out."
> Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"

"La'V' is always watching...Be careful who you talk to." - The Side Street
Chonicles by C.W. Badie