Yeah, lots of people--such as Tom Joyner--find it hard to believe she dropped
60 pounds *and* got that incredibly cut in such a short time. It's only been
maybe two months at most. Even if she did, it's not healthy at all.  I know
that she's fallen out many times in the past due to exhaustion and poor eating
habits.  And I know for a fact her workout regimes aren't the best. They're the
kind only someone with lots of money should attempt, as you need dedicated
nutritionists, cooks, personal trainers, hell--massage therapists! A whole team
of people to make sure you don't kill yourself. No matter what anyone says,
losing weight and getting fit is a slow process, and losing about 2.5 pounds a
week is a realistic and practical standard. Any more than that--which is the
Hollywood way--can be dangerous.

One of the things that bothers me in modern society is the obssession with
being too slim and impossiby fit. Now Jackson looks good--and thank God she has
a Black butt that won't go away!--but so many actresses and entertainers are
working themselves out to look like emaciated skeletons. I hate the message
that sends to young girls. Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only guy left who
still thinks the voluptuous look of the old days is the best: for non-Black
women, that'd be Rita Hayworth, Racquel Welch, Sophia Loren, Yvette Mimieux,
Yvonne Craig (Batgirl, Green Orion Slave Girl in Star Trek the OS).  Nowadays
you can bet that when I think a white actress has a shape, someone will tell
her she's fat, and you'll come back later to see she's dropped twenty or so
pounds. A few like Scarlett Johannsen resist it, and I hear a backlash is
growing among some actresses, but the unrealistic expectations are crazy.   In
the main I think Black people still have a healthier attitude. Seriously, I
 think the natural butts and big legs many Blacks have help our women not go
too far down that skinny-as-a-board road, but I'm seeing more young Sisters buy
into the hype.

They say everything comes back in style in time. I just wonder when the days of
the voluptuous curvy woman will return to mass media?

From: Daryle Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

science fiction at its best.

On Aug 7, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L.