_____

From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:27 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] [Fwd: Janet Jackson Poses Topless for Vibe]

It takes me out that they consider actresses like Monica Bertolucci
voluptuous. I think she is hot. The minute an actress puts on just
enough weight to still be just under average weight, they make a big
deal of it. Then I see movie boards talking about how great actresses
like Calista Flockheart of Ally Mc Beal look. I'm not a man, but it
seems to me that men should be lusting over Monica more than Calista.
It is almost like those that prefer these emaciated women to not really
be women, but to provide a legal be to be with someone who resembles
young teen.

Tracey

KeithBJohnson@ <mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> comcast.net wrote:
> Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only guy left who still thinks the
voluptuous look of the old days is the best: for non-Black women, that'd be
Rita Hayworth, Racquel Welch, Sophia Loren, Yvette Mimieux, Yvonne Craig
(Batgirl, Green Orion Slave Girl in Star Trek the OS). Nowadays you can bet
that when I think a white actress has a shape, someone will tell her she's
fat, and you'll come back later to see she's dropped twenty or so pounds. A
few like Scarlett Johannsen resist it, and I hear a backlash is growing
among some actresses, but the unrealistic expectations are crazy. In the
main I think Black people still have a healthier attitude. Seriou
> sly, I
> think the natural butts and big legs many Blacks have help our women not
go too far down that skinny-as-a-board road, but I'm seeing more young
Sisters buy into the hype.

> They say everything comes back in style in time. I just wonder when the
days of the voluptuous curvy woman will return to mass media?

> From: Daryle Lockhart <melaninjitsu@ <mailto:melaninjitsu%40mac.com>
mac.com>

> science fiction at its best.
>
> On Aug 7, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L.
> Minor) wrote:

EASE.LSOFT.COM

> [...]
> =================================
> Janet Jackson Poses Topless for Vibe
> http://apnews1. <http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20060807/D8JBPUN01.html?>
iwon.com//article/20060807/D8JBPUN01.html?
> PG=home&SEC=news
>
> Aug 7, 4:15 PM (ET)
>
> NEW YORK (AP) - Janet Jackson has never been afraid to expose some
> skin. The
> 40-year-old singer, newly svelte after losing some 60 pounds, appears
> on the
> cover of Vibe magazine wearing a skimpy bikini bottom and a necklace
> made of
> large shells. Her right arm covers her breasts.
>
> Will she ever stop posing for sexy photos? "Of course. When I'm 80," she
> tells Vibe. "That's when I'll call it quits."
>
> Two years ago, Justin Timberlake pulled off a part of Jackson's bustier,
> briefly exposing one of her breasts, during the Super Bowl halftime
> show.
>
> In an interview in the magazine's September issue, on newsstands Aug.
> 15,
> Jackson says the incident - variously referred to as "Nipplegate" and
> the
> "bra-ha-ha" - is history.
>
> "It's just over and done with. It's old. It's the past. It's history.
> I'm
> onto something new. Everybody got their licks in - those who wanted
> to - and
> it's done," she says.
>
> Jackson credits her boyfriend, 33-year-old music producer Jermaine
> Dupri,
> for giving her self-esteem "a little boost."
>
> "I came to realize that younger men had less of a problem with who I
> am than
> older men," she says. "With the younger guys, there was less ego. Things
> were less competitive. They weren't threatened by who made more and
> who made
> less."
>
> She says that with Dupri, she feels as if she's met her match.
>
> "When I look at Jermaine, I see myself," Jackson says. "I feel as if I'm
> looking in the mirror. The connection I feel with him I have never
> felt with
> anybody else."
>
> Her new album, "20 Y.O.," is slated for release Sept. 26. Dupri
> produced a
> few tracks, and longtime collaborators Jimmy "Jam" Harris and Terry
> Lewis
> pitched in on the disc as well.
>
> The pop star recently said she had packed on extra weight for a role
> in the
> upcoming movie "Tennessee," which she ultimately had to pass on
> because of
> her new record.
>
> When asked if she'd rather have a hit album or win an Oscar, she
> says: "Win
> an Oscar. It's just a passion. But can't I have both? Everybody in my
> family
> says I'm spoiled anyway. I want both..."

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"