I typed a long response to the findings here before, but Outlook didn't like
it and crashed.
Conspiracy?  Hmmmm...

Anyway, this is current test is not a surprise, but it IS painful to watch.
It was especially painful to see the
beautiful child who was asked to pick the doll that looked like her.  The
ambivalence was disturbing
because it seemed she wanted to be the white/good doll, but she knew she
looked like the black/bad
doll.

But it's up to us to learn to get past the insulting, insidious things that
living on this planet has subjected us to.
I used to say 'this country', but over the past few years it's obvious the
entire world has been subjected to
the demeaning of our beauty and intelligence, and I'm betting these doll
results would be duplicated in any
group of children on this planet.

So...we adults, who still suffer the results of our own exposure to the
racial radiation, must teach each other,
and learn for ourselves, how to get past what we have been exposed to.  We
can't change them.  We must
change ourselves.  It's hard, but WE are responsible for our own
successes...and failures.

We've been doing it (teaching ourselves, and dealing) for a long time.  We
now have more role models, and mentors, and success stories we could not
have possibly had at the time of the first doll test.  So we use our new
tools to get more global results.  And then
we expand further.  Our children may always have these reactions to tests
like this.  But now we KNOW, and we can
get in front of the situations before our grandchildren internalize this
stuff without our input.

There are things that happened to me that I'm just now beginning to realize.
And I'm just now seeing the effects.
And I'll be 60 in June.  And you know what?  I'm working on them, and
sometimes it makes me smile in the mirror
when I know I've beat something back that's been inside of me since I was a
child.

And then...I use what I've learned with the young brothers and sisters who
live in my neighborhood.  Maybe I can save
them a few years, huh?  Anyway, life is fun, and should be.  And we should
learn about ourselves, and not spend our
energy blaming folks who don't even know or care what has happened to and
with us...

When I lived and grew in Newark, NJ in the '60s, we had a saying for those
who were foolish enough to try to take our power
and love of self.  It was crude, but energizing..."F**K them!"

LOL!

ok...This is way more than I usually say.  Just my opinion...

Dr. Said...any way we can get copies of this video?  I'd love to give copies
to our Youth Services people in the town I
used to work as an Expulsion Counselor...

Maurice

  _____

"Young Student Documentary On Race Leaving Audiences Stunned".

http://www.komotv.
<http://www.komotv.com/home/video/5001856.html?video=YHI&t=a>
com/home/video/5001856.html?video=YHI&t=a

www.onceuponatimeinthecongo.com