Thanks for posting this. I was mostly unaware of this new genre and
can say that I definitely do not plan to read it. I am hoping it
doesn't kill of more scholarly works. I guess with the popularity of
items like Grand Theft Auto and music from 50 pennies, this was bound
to happen.

It definitely is another "shining example" of capitalism... anything
to make a buck.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Water, water everywhere, not a drop to drink." - Coleridge's
Ancient
> Mariner
>
> http://www.calendarlive.com/books/la-ca-
gunit18mar18,0,6477447.story?coll=cl-books-top-right

> 50 Cent's rap meets pulp
>
> With G-Unit Books, 50 Cent has become hip-hop's first book
publishing
> magnate.
>
> By Chris Lee
> Times Staff Writer
>
> March 18, 2007
>
> YOU'D be forgiven for judging the paperback novella "The Ski Mask
> Way" by its cover.
>
> The book's jacket artwork depicts a muscle-bound thug stripped to
> the waist to reveal a tapestry of tattoos: a skull, a spider and
> the word "Un Broken" etched across his pectorals in gothic font.
> Flanked by the silhouette of prison bars, he clutches a woolen
> balaclava, leaving little doubt as to the shoot'em-up literature
> within.
>
> "Let's get that money the fast way — the ski mask way," one
> character says to another, handing him a sawed-off shotgun.

<snip>