Turns out the guys is a lawyer and his father in law works at the
CDC, studying diseases like TB. How awesome is that? I am now
definitely thinking he may not be being entirely truthful about what
he knew and what he was told.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_re_us/tuberculosis_infection

As the tard population continues to increase exponentially, I am
becoming more of the opinion that some people just need to be
euthanized for the good of the many. Color my mood facist.

Bosco
--- g123curious <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The guy's doctor advised him NOT to fly.
>
> He decided to fly anyway.
>
> He flew twice.
>
> He didn't bother to buy travel insurance (which would have
> reimbursed
> him for the TOTAL of his trip: air, hotel, wedding, everything.)
>
> Some folks refuse to accept personal responsibility.
>
> Hence, I have no problem with him being locked up.
>
> IMHO, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one...
> especially when there's the risk of of a highly contagious TB
> infecting a lot of people. Many people have weak immune systems
> (e.g., the elderly, children, etc.).
>
> I travel a lot on cruise ships. It is standard procedure now....
> ships will not let you board if you are sick. They'll give you a
> voucher to travel later. If you get sick while onboard, they'll
> quarantine you (and your spouse/family) in your cabin.
>
> It's a (brave) new world and people have to learn to adjust to it.
>
> Some choose to learn the hard way... and get locked up.
>
> George
>

> --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > This is wild. Every day,  I drive by the hospital where "Typhoid
> Martin" is being held. The confusion here stems around what the CDC
>
> and county health officials say they told him, versus what *he*
> says
> they told him. I'm trying to understand why, if he's been diagnosed
>
> since January, the agencies just now found out he had XDR TB. Not
> understanding why, even with the less-virulent strains, the health
> officials only "suggested" he stay in the States, instead of making
>
> it an order. But then, the officials seem to be saying they ordered
>
> him to stay here. Also not getting why--assuming he's telling the
> truth--the CDC didn't make arrangements to fly him from Italy on a
> CDC jet. I have to assume they would have done something like that,
>
> since they'd want him cured to avoid an epidemic.
> >
> > Either way, while I get his fearing ineffectual treatment in
> Italy,
> I'm having a hard time with this man jumping on a trans-Atlantic
> flight,  driving from Canada to the States while knowing he had the
>
> XDR version.  At that point, he could have been extremely
> contagious.
> We could have been looking at a chain-reaction of infections if
> people on that plane, in the terminal, or at the car rental
> location
> had been infected by him. Hasn't he seen "Twelve Monkeys"?!
> >
> > Last year I participated in a seminar sponsored by the CDC here
> in
> Atlanta to come up with procedures for dealing with the next deadly
>
> worldwide flu pandemic. (And if you want nightmares, read about the
>
> flu pandemic of 1918).  One of our major concerns was how health
> officials could track and warn infected people in this world of
> international travel. Scenarios exactly like this were discussed,
> [...]

I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.

You know these things that happen,
That's just the way it's supposed to be.
And I can't help but wonder,
Don't ya know it coulda been me.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.