(applause)

Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Not meaning to be too blunt,
but I feel that Roddenberry was very much like Frank Herbert; he had one series
albeit Herbert was a writer...Herbert's greatest claim to fame Was the Dune
series while his other books received less than warm praise...That has been the
case with Roddenberry and Star Trek...In both Andromeda and Earth Final
Conflict, the story lines, like Star Trek, were hammered out forever for
money's sake and the audiences could tell...Even after they lost interest in
the shows, the producers beat it into the dirt with dumber, formulaic dribble
until we were glad to see it leave...No one forgets the last how of a good
series...If you have to ask how it ended, it probably was not worth going back
to see...I think the concept of good 'telenovels' would keep people interested
and you you will end up with a good enough and affordable product to sell in
DVD format...Of course, it'll keep a lot of writers employed!
 Okay, I'm done ranting...

Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Keith, I'm still working on that. The single
event that lost me on that show was the Emasculation of Tyr. Brother became an
emo toward the end.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Amen. It has to go into the record books as one of the
worst slides of a show's quality in scifi history. Remember back when i was
asking you, Tracey, to explain the plot? After they went through that stupid
glowing tesseract (Route of Ages?) I didn't get that damn show at all! I
remember Hunt walking/running through a corridor where he met himself... then
all the boring crap on that dessert planet where people/things were always
falling from the sky, Roda (sp?) became a drunk, and the whole show looked like
a bad Van Damme post-apocalypse movie. I never got that. What the hell was the
point of them being on that planet? What was the deal with Dylon seeing
himself? What was all the stuff about Trance being a sun? How did it end?

Sad that the two shows that continued the Roddenberry legacy--"Andromeda" and
"Earth: Final Conflict"--went from good, to stupid in the later seasons.

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> [...]
> > > producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore.
> > >
> > > WTFrak?!
> > >
> > > "This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and finally,
> > > an end," the duo said in a statement. "Over the course of the last year,
> > > the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end
> > > and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the
> > > show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to
> > > know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride
> > > getting there -- we're going out with a bang."
> > >
> > > The fourth and final season kicks off in early 2008. As previously
> > > reported, the two-hour prequel pic "Razor" will premiere in November.
> > >
> > > Eick and Moore are holding a conference call this afternoon to discuss
> > > their decision. If you've got questions, post 'em below. Or if you just
> > > want to comment on BSG's passing, that's cool, too.
> > >
> > > Honestly, the news could be worse. I mean, we've still got 22 episodes
> > > left. You can jam a lot of frakkin' closure into 22 episodes.
> > >

> http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Bat
>
> tlestar-Galactica-End/800016206
> >
> > ttlestar-Galactica-End/800016206>
> >

> > > Battlestar Ending Next Season
> > >
> > > The producers of SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica confirmed that
> > > the upcoming fourth season will be the show's last. Executive producers
> > > Ronald Moore and David Eick said that it was a creative decision to end
> > > the acclaimed series with the upcoming 22-episode season.
> > >
> > > "This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally,
> > > an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement on May 31. "Over the course
> > > of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly
> > > toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices
> > > and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will
> > > be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for
> > > a wild ride getting there: We're going out with a bang."
> > >
> > > In November, a special two-hour Battlestar episode, "Razor," will air.
> > > The fourth season kicks off in early 2008.
> > >
> > > At last month's Saturn Awards, Edward James Olmos said that the upcoming
> > > season would be the show's last, prompting Eick to say at the time that
> > > no decision had been made. "I promise you that when Ron and I make a
> > > decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know," he said then.
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > > "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will
> > > get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man
> > > Without A Country"

> > "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will
> > get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man
> > Without A Country"

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie