Pretty good, if light entertainment is it for you. It skims. At least that's
how it felt to me. I did drop off on the last ten minutes, owing to old age and
a long day out. I'll keep watching it.

My only serious gripe with it is the notion that, once Westin was "burned", he
had no assets at all to draw upon. I know a few people sort of in this line of
work ("don't ask, don't tell" applies here, folks), and they keep liquid asstes
on hand at all times. A money belt, a few Krugerrands in a few safe-deposit
boxes, so on. And they'd make certain to have- shall we say "incriminating
evidence" on hand that could get them out of such spots. They'd never be out in
the cold as he was.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:                                  anyone see this
series premiere? Any good?

 *********************

 WHAT IS BURN NOTICE?
 When spies get fired, they don't get a letter from human resources.
 They get BURNED...
 The action/spy genre gets a refreshing update with USA Network's newest
original series, Burn Notice. Jeffrey Donovan stars as Michael Westen, an
international spy who suddenly finds himself blacklisted. Dumped in his
hometown of Miami without money or resources, Michael struggles to put his life
back together and find out why he's been burned. In the meantime, he uses his
unique skills and training to help people in need ... mostly people who can't
get help from the police.
 Michael is joined by Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) an ex-IRA operative, who also
happens to be an ex-girlfriend; and Sam (Bruce Campbell), a washed-out military
intelligence contact who's being used by the feds to keep tabs on Michael.
 He's also forced to confront the family he went halfway around the world to
get away from - particularly his mother, Madeline (Sharon Gless) who couldn't
be happier to have her son back in town.
 Created and written by Matt Nix, Burn Notice combines the best of the
action/thriller elements with surprising humor and an iconic new breed of spy.
The series' Commercial-Free Premiere is presented by DirecTV and airs Thursday,
June 28 at 10/9C. New episodes will air throughout the summer on Thursdays at
10/9C.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"