I really wanted to get into this.  It's got a great cast and story, but
I feel asleep too.  I still think it has potential, but it needs to be
retooled  little,  I think their heavy handed approach to having him
narrate is a distraction and the story would flow better if there were less.

It's definitely not the Prisoner

Tracey

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> so it's not a modern day "Prisoner" remake?

> From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:truthseeker_013%40yahoo.com>>
> Pretty good, if light entertainment is it for you. It skims. At least
> that's how it felt to me. I did drop off on the last ten minutes,
> owing to old age and a long day out. I'll keep watching it.
>
> My only serious gripe with it is the notion that, once Westin was
> "burned", he had no assets at all to draw upon. I know a few people
> sort of in this line of work ("don't ask, don't tell" applies here,
> folks), and they keep liquid asstes on hand at all times. A money
> belt, a few Krugerrands in a few safe-deposit boxes, so on. And they'd
> make certain to have- shall we say "incriminating evidence" on hand
> that could get them out of such spots. They'd never be out in the cold
> as he was.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> wrote:
> anyone see this series premiere? Any good?
>
> *********************
>
> WHAT IS BURN NOTICE?
> When spies get fired, they don't get a letter from human resources.
> They get BURNED...
> The action/spy genre gets a refreshing update with USA Network's
> newest original series, Burn Notice. Jeffrey Donovan stars as Michael
> Westen, an international spy who suddenly finds himself blacklisted.
> Dumped in his hometown of Miami without money or resources, Michael
> struggles to put his life back together and find out why he's been
> burned. In the meantime, he uses his unique skills and training to
> help people in need ... mostly people who can't get help from the police.
> Michael is joined by Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) an ex-IRA operative, who
> also happens to be an ex-girlfriend; and Sam (Bruce Campbell), a
> washed-out military intelligence contact who's being used by the feds
> to keep tabs on Michael.
> He's also forced to confront the family he went halfway around the
> world to get away from - particularly his mother, Madeline (Sharon
> Gless) who couldn't be happier to have her son back in town.
> Created and written by Matt Nix, Burn Notice combines the best of the
> action/thriller elements with surprising humor and an iconic new breed
> of spy. The series' Commercial-Free Premiere is presented by DirecTV
> and airs Thursday, June 28 at 10/9C. New episodes will air throughout
> the summer on Thursdays at 10/9C.

> "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will
> get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man
> Without A Country"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: