Can you give a quick synopsis of these two, and why they're so unoriginal?

From: "my_current_identity" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I saw two of them: "Jerry Was a Man" and "The Discarded". I think that I will
agree with one
of the reviews I read that said that the concept was great, but it is a shame
that they picked
such old stories. The themes of the stories that I watched have been subsumed
by SF and
there was no real revelation at the conclusion. Even for filmed SF, the stories
had no sense-
of-wonder or shock-of-the-new. They were watchable, unlike a lot of the scifi
channel
monster movies, but I don't think that you missed much.

If they continue, I hope that they pick newer stories. It would be good to see
a good
anthology show again.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Given everything that went on in my life recently, completely forgot about
> this. Did anyone
catch it? Was it any good? Even though scifi ebbs and flows on Tv, with some
series hanging
on ("Herores", "Battlestar"), I've long felt the lost of the scifi anthology
shows. I miss the days
of "Outer Limits", "Twilight Zone", even "Night Gallgery", where you had lots
of different
stories and guest stars. How was it?