Skyland is a joint venture production between Nicktoons and a company in
France that began airing on nicktoons last summer Fall. Only 26 episodes
were produced. Not as good as Avatar, but its pretty OK. They use of CGI
and motion capture. Not a favorite medium of yours. I have a feeling
Skyland is inspired by Avatar. There is currently one Skyland movie,
apparently written by Skyland's creator Emmanuel Gorinstein
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Emmanuel_Gorinstein&action=edit>,
in pre-production, with a budget of 23 million Euros
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro>, slated for release pre-Christmas
2008. The possibility of another two movies to be on the drawing board
also exists.

the following is from wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyland

    History of Skyland

200 years in the future, in the 23rd century, the Earth has shattered
into millions of blocks, known as Skyland, which orbit around the core.
A new kind of human being lives among the world, people called Seijins,
who absorb sunlight to fuel their telekinetic
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telekinetic> and telepathic
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepathic> abilities as well as their
other powers, such as sensing the presence of things and people,
creating bolts and balls of energy and projecting memories. There is
also a vague prophecy <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy> concerning
one called the Lady of Light, a girl who will become the most powerful
Seijin ever, and who will unify Earth alongside an unknown man.

"Seijin" is probably a neologism derived from the Japanese words /sei/
精 (spirit) and /jin/ 人 (person).

The Sphere, a dictatorship <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship>,
has risen to power by controlling what has become the most precious
resource: water. The Sphere's power is enforced by the Guardians, an
elite corps of Seijins who were taken from their families at a young age
and trained. The leader of the Guardians is Oslo, a Seijin who exposed
himself to constant light until he could use his powers in both light
and dark, with obvious repercussions on his health. He himself went
through the Guardian Academy, training alongside an equally powerful
Seijin, called Mila.

A rebellion <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion> has also emerged,
opposing the Sphere. Rebel pirates
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates> steal water to keep the citizens
of Skyland alive. One young pilot, wanted for publicly stealing water
from right under the Sphere’s nose, is captured by Mila on her first
mission.

Shown the world from the pirate’s point of view, Mila finally comes to
realize what the Sphere is, and joins the rebellion. She falls in love
with Marcus, the pirate, and together they take the rebellion from
strength to strength, turning it into a real threat against the Sphere.

But something goes horribly wrong while the Rebels are liberating a
Sphere-controlled block. Many pirates are killed, Marcus vanishes, and
the rebellion is all but destroyed.

Mila takes their two young children, a son named Mahad and a Seijin
daughter called Lena, and escapes to Babylonia, in the heart of the
Sphere-controlled zone. She stays there for 12 years, hiding both her
daughter’s and her own Seijin abilities as she raises her children on a
small farm.

But Oslo never forgot her, or his fascination for the prophecy and his
belief that Mila is the Lady of Light and they were the ones mentioned
in the prophecy. In the year 2251, his Guardians finally locate her.
Mila fights back, but is captured and taken away to Karzhem, Skyland’s
most secure prison, location somewhere in France Paris. Though Mila
dismisses the prophecy and his belief that they are the ones it referred
to, Oslo comes to believe that the Lady of Light is actually Lena,
especially given that her powers exceed her mother's. Her children,
before Mila is located, are sent away in a stolen Sphere ship with
instructions to find a man known as the Vector.

Mahad, a cocky but clumsy 17-year-old pilot, and Lena, 12 years old and
already a powerful Seijin, are shot down and then rescued by a small
group of pirates led by the indomitable Captain Cortez. They join the
resistance, determined to find their mother, free Skyland, and learn
more about the father they barely remember.

But Oslo has plans of his own: to capture Lena and fulfill the prophecy,
ruling Skyland.

"*He will unify the Earth with the Lady of Light*..."

This prophecy is a central theme in Skyland, though few people actually
believe in it. Oslo believes that the two figures in the prophecy refer
to himself and Mila (and later Lena) and that they will unify the world
by taking control of it. Members of the Resistance initially thought the
two figures referred to Mila and Marcus, though the prophecy was
eventually dismissed when Marcus disappeared. Mila, though she
disregards Oslo's interpretation of the phrase, believes that the
prophecy refers to her children and provided a normal childhood for them
until they were old enough to fulfill it.

As of the completion of the first season, it is still unknown what the
prophecy really means. Many fans have their own theories of what the
prophecy foretells, but the most popular, is that Lena is indeed the
Lady of Light, and that Marcus Ferrel, is the man mentioned. Of course
this is only a rumor, and has yet to be confirmed.