huh?

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Then I won't mention Truck Turner where Nichelle Nichols...Well, forget it...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: makes sense. that was back in the days before the
residual deals were worked out to the actors' advantage.

From: Daryle

In the mid 70s, De Kelley, Walter Koenig, and Jimmy Doohan appeared on
³Tomorrow² to talk about Star Trek (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tZt493xHho ). Among the many things
discussed (and the special guest in the interview), it was made clear that
the actors were NOT getting any money for the reruns in the 70s. I¹m
surprised there aren¹t more B-movie projects out there with TOS actors in
them.

On 9/17/07 4:14 PM, "Astromancer" wrote:

> Oh yes...scary, horrible...and strangely cuddly...
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Don't know if you're old enough to remember this turkey, but "Night of the
> Lepus" is so bad it's funny! They literally made a movie about killer rabbits,
> but they filmed *Real* rabbits to do it! So then they use a lot of FX to make
> the rabbits appear giant, and slo-mo to make them appear menacing. It's one of
> the worst scifi films I've ever seen (and I've seen 'em all, trust me).
> Somehow they got DeForrest Kelley to act in it (this was a few years after
> "Star Trek" was cancelled, so maybe he needed the dough). I included a
> Wikipedia summary below, but first, check this link for a crazy pic!!
> http://www.agonybooth.com/lepus/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Lepus
>
> Night of the Lepus is a 1972 B-movie horror film in which giant mutant rabbits
> terrorize the Southwestern United States. The film was directed by William F.
> Claxton, written by Don Holliday and Gene R. Kearney, and starred Kevin
> Purcell as the main character, as well as Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, and
> DeForest Kelley, best known for his performance as Dr. Leonard McCoy on Star
> Trek. It was adapted from the novel The Year of the Angry Rabbit written by
> Russell Braddon. The film is relatively obscure, but maintains a small but
> devout cult following, and has even been referenced in some more mainstream,
> popular films. For instance, footage appears briefly in the science fiction
> film The Matrix, and throughout the drama film Natural Born Killers. It has
> been referenced in Judge Frank Easterbrook's opinion in ProCD, Inc. v.
> Zeidenberg, 86 F.3d 1447 (7th Cir. 1996).
>
> ************
>
> (Synopsis)
> Rancher Cole Hillman is having problems with the rabbit population on his
> ranch, who are destroying his crops. College president Elgin Clark, as a favor
> to benefactor Cole, calls in zoologists Roy and Gerry Bennett, who create an
> (untested) serum for disrupting the breeding cycle of rabbits. However, their
> daughter Amanda has become attached to the uninjected rabbit that has become
> the serum's test subject, and switches it with an already-injected bunny. The
> injected rabbit gets away and breeds. The serum doesn't disrupt their breeding
> cycle, but does something worse: it causes the rabbits to become gigantic
> meat-eaters. When several people are slaughtered by the carnivorous
> carrot-munchers, Roy and Gerry attempt to find a solution before the whole of
> the American Southwest is overrun by giant rabbits.

> From: "maidmarian_thepoet" > >
> Let me know when SciFi makes it up to killer rabbits. We've had
> alligators, snakes, and every water critter known to man. I guess
> that they've made it to land now.
>
> --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com ,
> Martin wrote:
>> >

>> > But enough of beating a horse that was brought in dead. Let's
> [...]

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: