what the hey?

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Uh...Oh heck, why not?

Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Kinda like *these*?

http://www.craigshawgardner.com/novels/revengebunnies.gif

Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Oh yes...scary, horrible...and strangely
cuddly...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Don't know if you're old enough to remember this
turkey, but "Night of the Lepus" is so bad it's funny! They literally made a
movie about killer rabbits, but they filmed *Real* rabbits to do it! So then
they use a lot of FX to make the rabbits appear giant, and slo-mo to make them
appear menacing. It's one of the worst scifi films I've ever seen (and I've
seen 'em all, trust me). Somehow they got DeForrest Kelley to act in it (this
was a few years after "Star Trek" was cancelled, so maybe he needed the dough).
I included a Wikipedia summary below, but first, check this link for a crazy
pic!! http://www.agonybooth.com/lepus/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Lepus

Night of the Lepus is a 1972 B-movie horror film in which giant mutant rabbits
terrorize the Southwestern United States. The film was directed by William F.
Claxton, written by Don Holliday and Gene R. Kearney, and starred Kevin Purcell
as the main character, as well as Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, and DeForest
Kelley, best known for his performance as Dr. Leonard McCoy on Star Trek. It
was adapted from the novel The Year of the Angry Rabbit written by Russell
Braddon. The film is relatively obscure, but maintains a small but devout cult
following, and has even been referenced in some more mainstream, popular films.
For instance, footage appears briefly in the science fiction film The Matrix,
and throughout the drama film Natural Born Killers. It has been referenced in
Judge Frank Easterbrook's opinion in ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg, 86 F.3d 1447
(7th Cir. 1996).

************

(Synopsis)
Rancher Cole Hillman is having problems with the rabbit population on his
ranch, who are destroying his crops. College president Elgin Clark, as a favor
to benefactor Cole, calls in zoologists Roy and Gerry Bennett, who create an
(untested) serum for disrupting the breeding cycle of rabbits. However, their
daughter Amanda has become attached to the uninjected rabbit that has become
the serum's test subject, and switches it with an already-injected bunny. The
injected rabbit gets away and breeds. The serum doesn't disrupt their breeding
cycle, but does something worse: it causes the rabbits to become gigantic
meat-eaters. When several people are slaughtered by the carnivorous
carrot-munchers, Roy and Gerry attempt to find a solution before the whole of
the American Southwest is overrun by giant rabbits.

From: "maidmarian_thepoet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Let me know when SciFi makes it up to killer rabbits. We've had
alligators, snakes, and every water critter known to man. I guess
that they've made it to land now.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But enough of beating a horse that was brought in dead. Let's
butcher some fresh meat. "Grizzly Rage" is p tonight. Will it be
"bear"-ly watchable? Will you grin and "bear" watching it?

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: