Anyone watching this new series? It's quirky to say the least. Reminds me in a
way of a live, macabre Dr. Seuss tale. For those who don't know the man
guy--Ned--has the ability to bring any dead thing back to life. The problem is,
if the person is still alive one minute later, the universe requires a balance:
in other words, a nearby person will drop dead instead. Ned discovered this as
a young boy who revived his mother, only to note that the neighbor across the
street dropped dead one minute later. The other problem is, once Ned touches a
person to revive  him/her, if he *ever* touches that person again, that person
dies--permanently. He discovered that the same day he revived his mom, when she
dropped dead after kissing him goodnight.

Now Ned bakes pies, using his powers to make the fruit fresh. he's discovered
by a private eye (Chi McBride) who blackmails Ned: he keeps the secret as long
as Ned uses his power to revive dead crime victims for one minute. Just long
enough for them to tell Ned who killed them, and then let the detective "solve"
the case and collect the credit and the reward.   another problem: Ned's long
lost love was killed, and he revived her, but couldn't bring himself to kill
her again. Now the girl of his dreams is alive, but he can never touch her.
Sad, quirky, darkly humorous. Has a fast-paced dialog that reminds me at times
of "Moonlighting" or "Gilmore Girls". Odd, pastel and old-fashioned sets, that
remind me of "Edward Scissorhands" at times.

Not sure I'll want to see it every week, but I'm enjoying it tonight. Let me
know what you think--especially you, Martin.