--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

RE: race and Patterson, I dunno. Seems he has a better track record
in print. Cross is written as a Black man. The books had an Asian
female lead (a "Yuki Costellano" or something) who was written out of
the show after the pilot (though now the IMDB has Linda Park in the
cast in a supporting role). How does one have a show set in San
Fransisco with no Asians? It's like setting a sitcom in NYC with no
Latinos. . . . oh wait, yeah, nevermind.

I think the original poster might be confusing the two stories;
there's a new Cross movie being planned and it is thought that
Freeman is too old now to play Cross (as if he wasn't too old in 92)
and Boris' name is in the mix. Might Boris be too young? What about
Ejiofor? Henry Simmons?

> I¹ve been hearing a little bit of talk about this show, most of it
negative,
> all of it based on race of the characters.
>
> The show is based on a series of James Patterson novels. So are the
Alex
> Cross books. Alex Cross is portrayed by Morgan Freeman in the
movies. Boris
> Kodjoe is not listed or attached to this project at all. However,
Tyrees