When I first heard about Tinman, I was not that interested.  The more I
see and read, the more intrigued I am.  It only vaguely seems to
resemble the holiday classic.  I've read it is similar to Steven King's
Dark Tower Series.  Anyone planning on watching?  Below is a brief
descriptio

The miniseries is a sometimes psychedelic, often twisted and always
bizarre take on The Wizard of Oz. It centers on DG, a young woman
plucked from her humdrum life and thrust into The Outer Zone (the O.Z.),
a fantastical realm filled with wonder, but oppressed by dark magic. DG
discovers her true identity, battles evil winged monkey-bats and
attempts to fulfill her destiny. Her perilous journey begins on the
fabled Old Road that leads to a wizard known as the Mystic Man. Along
the way, she is joined by "Glitch," an odd man missing half his brain;
"Raw," a quietly powerful wolverine-like creature longing for inner
courage; and "Cain," a heroic former policeman (known in the O.Z. as a
"Tin Man"), who is seeking vengeance for his scarred heart. Ultimately,
DG's destiny leads her to a showdown with the wicked sorceress
Azkadellia, whose ties to DG are closer than anyone could have imagined.
  Written by SciFi Wire
http://www.scifi.com/tinman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional