He could cover it with chops to spare, IMO.

"Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Bale
is an awesome actor.  normally 4 outing of movie franchises leave
me cold, but Bale's participation has definitely made this a story I'm
going to keep my eye on

Bale rumored as the new John Connor.
by Stax
http://movies.ign.com/articles/837/837330p1.html
November 21, 2007 - The big rumor of the day is that a certain superhero
actor has joined the fourth installment of The Terminator franchise,
Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. McG will direct the sci-fi
actioner for Warner Bros.

Ain't It Cool News reports that none other than Batman himself,
Christian Bale, has been cast as the heroic John Connor. Connor,
mankind's hope for the future, was previously played by Edward Furlong
and Nick Stahl. And although it was initially believed that Bale had
been cast as The Terminator, CHUD.com now reports, "Is it possible that
Bale is not playing either John Connor OR the Terminator? I'm hearing
buzz that he's playing a character who is new to the Terminator mythology."

Terminator Salvation will begin filming in early 2008 and will cost less
than T3. John Brancato and Michael Ferris penned the screenplay for
production company Halcyon.

Variety previously reported that the fourth installment "seeks to
reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-pic
span." As Halcyon co-CEO Derek Anderson explained at the time, "This is
set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind.

Yahoo! Groups Links

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"