I am a huge "Dexter" fan.  I am particularly fascinated with how the
actor Michael C. Hall plays 180 degrees away from the fey David
Fisher character he played on "Six Feet Under."  As Dexter Morgan,
Hall is a noble savage; virile, full of testosterone and, yes,
dangerous.  He excretes a quiet menace that is palpable.  Women are
attracted to it, from his hard as nails lieutenant, played by Lauren
Velez (in the best role of her life), the harried single mother of
two (Julie Benz) to his danger- junky substance abuse sponsor (the
very hot Jaime Murray).  And men are challenged by it (the muscular
Erik King as his nemesis Sgt. Doakes).

The more you watch Dexter, the more you realize he is not the only
one which a moral code that has been grafted onto their true nature.
He is not the only one struggling against inner demons while trying
to do the right thing.  Dexter is a monster but ir is not his
character who does the most monstrous things.

(It is near impossible to defend Lt. Laquerta's systematic and brutal
psychological destruction of her rival).

And, unlike cable series that do shocking things just to be shocking
("Nip/Tuck," anybody?), "Dexter" is often truly shocking - the way
real life is sometimes shocking.  The way real life can sometimes
deliver that sucker punch you were not expecting.  The way life can
knock you out when you are looking the other way.

Dexter knocks me out.

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella (formerly
Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any Dexter Fans here.  Since I got disgusted with Showtime for
> continuing to repeatedly abandon its speculative fiction series, I
never
> got a chance to check out Dexter.  However a two weeks ago, after
really
> getting into the movie Mr. Brooks, I decided to check it out.  I
rented
> the first four episodes of the first season and I am hooked.  Are
any of
> you into this show.  The strike is forcing CBS, to air it on its
main
> network.
>
> By MICHAEL HINMAN
> Source: TV Week
> Dec-04-2007
> http://www.syfyportal.com/news424509.html
> Just as the Writers Guild of America strike was about to begin,
various
> news outlets -- including SyFy Portal -- talked about how the major
> broadcast networks may look to their cable properties to help fill
out
> their winter and spring schedules.
>
> CBS was the first to publicly admit they are doing just that as
they are
> looking at ways of bringing shows like "Dexter" and "Weeds" over in
> sanitized form from Showtime.
>
> CBS is looking to bring the series starring Michael C. Hall as a
Miami
> Police Department investigator who murders bad guys in his spare
time.
> Showtime has had an increase of more than 1 million subscribers in
the
> past year with David Duchovny's new series, "Californication,"
recently
> picking up a foreign distribution deal worth $800,000 ... per
episode.
> Click here to find out more!
>
> Les Moonves, president and chief executive of CBS Corp., teased the
> possibility of moving Showtime programming to CBS at the 35th
Annual