(tried to put brain to task, ended up with severe nosebleed...)

Seriously, I can posit the notion of Who's-Doing-Who or
Who-Did-Who-In-The-Past...

ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Regarding
the casting of dark-haired, multi-ethnic Keanu
 Reeves as the blond-haired Constantine, Hollywood persists in weird
 casting for no good reason.  I ask, why is the blond Kristin Dunst
 playing the red headed Mary Jane and the red haired Bryce Dallas
 Howard is playing the blond Gwen Stacy?  Why-oh-why is Latina Jessica
 Alba playing Sue Storm (with blond wigs and blue contact lenses)?

 --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > I have to post a semi-retraction of my deep and abiding hatred
 of "Constantine".

 >   When first I heard of its approach, I was offput by many aspects
 of it, most particularly the lead (IMO, no surfer dude-slash-
 cyberhero can be Constantine), and vowed never to watch it, even when
 it landed on free cable. Circumstances had me revoking that promise
 last week, when it happened by on FX. It's not really as excreable as
 I thought it would be. I'd still rather see a young Sting as the lead.

 > Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >           I completely forgot about Ghost World. That movie is
 awesome. I liked
 > Constantine but didnt love it.
 >
 > I have avoided Cat Woman cause I heard it stunk so bad.
 > --- ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >
 > > Like you, I am mad for "V for Vendetta," possibly the wordiest
 > > comic
 > > book movie ever made. It a symphony for the eyes and the ears. I
 > > also second "Hellboy." This probably won't expand your to view
 > > list,
 > > but I remain enamored of "Sin City."
 > >
 > > The adaptation of Daniel Clowes' "Ghost World" featuring Steve
 > > Buscemi, Thora Birch and Scarlett Johanssen (playing the "plain
 > > one")
 > > is also excellent.
 > >
 > > I am fond of "Constantine," primarily because I adore Rachel
 Weisz
 > > and also because I was unencumbered by never having read the
 comic
 > > book. I also like Keanu Reeves' laconic, black lung performace and
 > >
 > > Tilda Swinton's as the Archangel Gabriel is a hoot.
 > >
 > > (I continue to defend Halle Berry's "Catwoman," but we wont' go
 > > there!)
 > >
 > > On this tip, I highly recommend E. Favata's Comic Book Movie site:
 > >
 > > http://www.efavata.com/CBM/
 > >
 > > ~rave!
 > >
 > > --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Bosco Bosco <ironpigs3@>
 > > wrote:
 > > >
 > > > On an earlier thread someone mentioned that the latest Batman
 > > film
 > > > was their favorite comic adaptation. I really like it as well
 and
 > > it
 > > > got me to thinking about some of my other faves. I think V for
 > > > Vendetta is my personal favorite and I loved, loved, loved
 > > Hellboy.
 > > > really dug the most recent Batman as well as the first
 Spiderman.
 > > > wasn't so fond of the X-Men though I did like them.
 > > >
 > > > Anyone else got some pics or recommends. I am thinking of
 > > updating
 > > my
 > > > netflix queue
 > > >
 > > > Bosco

 > > ______________
 > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
 > > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
 > > >

 > I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
 > I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.
 >
 > You know these things that happen,
 > That's just the way it's supposed to be.
 > And I can't help but wonder,
 > Don't ya know it coulda been me.

 > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
 >

 > "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels
 will get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A
 Man Without A Country"