[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Saw both Night Watch and Day Watch and really enjoy them as Russian dark
fantasy adventures.  The Russian aspect is fascinating.
Definitely worth a look and I am looking forward to the third film.  I have
not yet read the books which have been translated into English.  The writer
of the books is also the co-screenwriter which is good.
Cheers,
Amy

> Looking for some flix to rent on Netflix over the weekend.  I just saw a
> preview for Day Watch, that was interesting.  Has anyone hear of it or
> its prequel Night Watch.  Anyone read th trilogy.  It got some good
> reviews.  I never heard of them prior to seeing the preview.  I think it
> came out while I was in Mexico.  NY Times describes it as "Star Wars
> Meets the Vampires in Moscow."
>
> See the plot summaries below.
>
> Nightwatch - This first installment of the trilogy based on the
> best-selling science fiction novels by Russian writer Sergei Lukyanenko
> plays upon the tension between light and dark, pitting the superhuman
> Night Watch patrollers (known as the "Others") against the shadowed
> forces of the night. But the biggest fear of all stems from the lines of
> an ancient prophecy, which warns of a renegade Other whose betrayal
> could bring chaos to the land.
>

> Daywatch - Anton (Konstantin Khabensky) finds himself in the middle of a
> mythic conflict between the forces of Light and Dark in this sequel to
> Night Watch, the surprise 2004 hit from Russia. To protect his son, who
> has come under the control of the dark side, Anton must seek an ancient
> artifact. But the powerful relic threatens to upset the uneasy peace
> between the two sides and puts Moscow at risk for a devastating
> cataclysm in this supernatural thriller.

> 12/25/2007 8:04 PM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: