People who have the money to hire a personal trainer, I have an unfair
advantage over an ordinary dude with athletic ability. If I have a network
of high office professionals, I have an unfair advantage over someone trying
to get into my industry form the ground floor.  But at the end of the day, I
still have to perform. After all the advantages are applied to get me into a
certain position,  I still have to do my thing. American Idol has proven for
7 years now that  all of the people named in this article have no greater
advantage than people who do it the old fashioned way. People who can¹t sing
or write songs are still one hit wonders,  and people with  great  marketing
angles are still easily sold products.

Unless they¹re going to reveal that  ELVIS used steroids, this story serves
no purpose.