rave, *brilliant* question, and I wish I could put an answer to it. But,
readign this, I'm still trying to get my brain around the simple expedient
question.

WHY? These folks must be too young to remember Lyle Alzado, maniac 275-pound
guy on the football field who died weighing less than ninety pounds, if memory
serves. And, if that's not enough for them, I offer myself as Exhibit Two. I've
been taking the things for the last nine years for my respiratory issues, and I
have days when I can't make myself a cup of coffee, days when I'm out and about
and people look at me and, in one case, ask me if I have Parkinson's too,
because my hands shake so badly. Even now, a good seven hours past my morning
med cycle, and I'm still fumbling over the keyboard. It's flat damn stupid.
Looking good isn't worth years off your life and debilitating physical
impediments.

ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Well, the
question is...in the instance of a 50 cent...for
 instance...did he gain an unfair advantage by benefit of his steroid
 induced muscles?  Has Mary J's career been enhanced through her posh
 steroid assisted makeover and was some other worthy diva...say, Kelly
 Price...hurt by it?  If not, is this use of steroids by actors and
 artists less morally bankrupt than when athletes do it?

 ~rave!

 --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Hold on...why do we care that Mary J Blige has taken steroids
 again? She
 > can¹t stay in key with or withOUT Œem. Is this satire?
 >

 > On 1/15/08 6:36 PM, "ravenadal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >

 > > R&B music star Mary J. Blige, rap musicians 50 Cent, Timbaland and
 > > Wyclef Jean, and award-winning author and producer Tyler Perry
 (say
 > > it ain't so!)
 > >
 > > ~rave!
 > >
 > > http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8U5PVS00&show_article=1
 > > <http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?
 id=D8U5PVS00&amp;show_article=1>

 > > ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A number of entertainers were named in
 connection
 > > with an Albany-based steroid investigation, but they are not part
 of
 > > an ongoing criminal probe, according to a published report.
 > > The Times Union of Albany cited unidentified law enforcement
 > > officials in reporting Sunday that R&B music star Mary J. Blige,
 rap
 > > musicians 50 Cent, Timbaland and Wyclef Jean, and award-winning
 > > author and producer Tyler Perry may have received or used
 performance-
 > > enhancing drugs.
 > >
 > > Law enforcement officials have said evidence does not indicate
 that
 > > the celebrities broke the law, but that investigators are
 focusing on
 > > doctors, pharmacists and clinics that provide the drugs.
 > >
 > > Albany District Attorney P. David Soares launched the
 investigation
 > > into steroid trafficking last year.
 > >
 > > Soares is "not confirming, denying or discussing any of the names"
 > > involved in the investigation, said spokeswoman Heather Streeter
 > > Orth.
 > >
 > > A spokeswoman for Blige denied the singer had taken illegal
 steroids.

 > > Ken Sunshine, a spokesman for Perry, declined to comment.
 > >
 > > There was no response to calls Sunday and Monday seeking comment
 from
 > > representatives of other entertainers.
 > >
 > > While athletes use steroids and human growth hormone to get
 bigger,
 > > faster and stronger, the drugs can also lure other people with
 their
 > > supposed anti-aging qualities.
 > >
 > > Soares' multistate investigation has focused on Signature
 Pharmacy of
 > > Orlando, Fla. So far, 10 defendants have pleaded guilty and news
 > > reports have linked some professional athletes to Soares' probe.
 > >
 > > Soares has said Signature was at the center of a web of businesses
 > > and doctors that illegally wrote prescriptions for steroids.
 > > Authorities raided the company almost a year ago and its owners
 and
 > > operators are awaiting trial in Albany on related charges.
 > >
 > > Records shared with the Times Union and information from several
 > > cooperating witnesses on Long Island allege the celebrities
 received
 > > prescribed human growth hormone or steroids, the newspaper said.
 > >
 > > The newspaper said that Blige received the human growth hormone
 > > Jentropin and Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, in orders sent to
 her
 > > at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
 > >
 > > Her spokeswoman denounced the report. "Mary J. Blige has never
 taken
 > > any performance enhancing illegal steroids," Karynne Tencer told
 the
 > > Daily News.
 > >
 > > Former Sen. George Mitchell released a report last month on
 > > performance-enhancing drugs in baseball. That report said former
 Mets
 > > clubhouse attendant Kirk Radomski provided steroids and human
 growth
 > > hormone linked to several prominent players. Radomski pleaded
 guilty
 > > last year to charges that he dealt steroids to players for a
 decade.

 > > Congressional hearings are to begin this month on the Mitchell
 > > report.
 > >
 > > Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
 > > material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or
 redistributed.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"