Good questions Keith.

Part of it may be where you live and a large part of it is our lazy
American media.  Paleos and Neos tend to live in southern states and are
often former Republicans.  Problem is - few really completely leave the
GOP.  They are LINO's (Libertarians in Name Only) and they are a very loud
bunch of know-it-alls who trash liberals nonstop but make excuses for
conservatives without end.  Trouble is, when pushed to define the
underlying concept of libertarianism - they can't or won't.  When asked to
help fight things like the PATRIOT Act, domestic surveillance,
imperialism, electoral fraud, etc. they are completely AWOL.

Another part of the problem is our useless, lazy Mainstream Media that
compartmentalizes and oversimplifies everything.  Political terminiologies
have lost most of their meaning in recent years due to such laziness.
Every Democrat is a liberal and every Republican a conservative and all
libertarians are wingnuts.

Case in point:  Dennis Miller, Larry Elder and Neil Boortz.  Neither of
whom are genuine libertarians - especially Boortz and Miller who turned
into raging neo-conservatives on September 11, 2001.  All three are
conservatives with SOME extremely limited libertarian leanings.  Of
course, that doesn't stop our lazy MSM from constantly labeling them as
such.

Hell, this is the same MSM that refers to Shakira as the "latin Madonna."
The MSM that ignored the piles and piles and piles of evidence that
pointed out Colin Powell's lies in front of Congress and the U.N. during
the buildup to the Iraq war.  The same MSM that thinks only young, white
(sometimes pregnant) women going missing in this country.

The MSM barely acknowledges differences within the Democratic and
Republican Parties either.

When is the last time you heard a Democrat referred to as a Yellow Dog,
Blue Dog or Progressive - other than on the ridiculous Sunday morning talk
shows?  All Democrats are liberals on TV and in general print media.  Is
Joseph Lieberman really a liberal?  What about Ben Nelson?

How much TV time do moderates like Chuck Hagel and Olympia Snowe get
compared to Trent Lott and Mitch McConnell?  In the eyes of the MSM all
Republicans are conservatives who support Bush and love the wars in Iraq
and Afghanistan - which MSM hype helped create and prolong.

Sorry, I went off in left field for a while.  Did I even come close to
answering your questions?

James Landrith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cell: 703-593-2065 * fax: 760-875-8547