mistake.

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Stop.

STOP.

The man won't hire Sh*tner because he doesn't want to contravene continuity,
while casually introducing a bad guy who has NO LINK WHATSOEVER to continuity?

My money was never going to leave my pocket for this anyway. Now, I won't watch
it at ALL, even if it lands as the ABC Saturday Night Movie.

"Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: By
MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: USA Today
Jan-21-2008
http://www.syfyportal.com/news424644.html
William Shatner still doesn't know why he's not in the upcoming "Star
Trek" film, but director J.J. Abrams does.

"I think they're coming to the end [of shooting, so] they've got another
three weeks to hire me," Shatner told USA Today while promoting "Star
Trek: The Tour." "No, I don't think you''ll be seeing me, unfortunately,
and I don't know the reason why."

But Abrams, who found success over the weekend with the biggest January
premiere ever in "Cloverfield," said the reason is simple.

"The only reason Mr. Shatner is not in the movie and Mr. [Leonard] Nimoy
is, is that this character died on screen," Abrams said. "It was very
difficult, and now impossible with the writers strike. It is very
difficult to find a way to put him in that didn't feel like we were
putting him in just because we were huge fans of his."

That has led Shatner to express some regret in allowing Kirk to die in
"Star Trek: Generations" back in 1994.

"The mistake I made was thinking I could make it a spectacular death
with what they had written," Shatner said.

The actor, who has won two Emmys as Denny Crane in the ABC lawyer comedy
"Boston Legal," has been pushing for Abrams to include him in the
upcoming movie despite the fate of his character 14 years ago.

"Star Trek" is continuing filming in California, and will debut Dec. 25.

Yahoo! Groups Links

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"