From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 7:51 AM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] It's Over for Jericho

Keith, that's where Comcrap hoses us all. My new neighbors have a package
similar to the one Tracey describes, and they just signed on seven months
ago. I've been with this outfit since they bought out MediaOne.

KeithBJohnson@ <mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> comcast.net wrote: i
don't get why your Comcast On Demand is so much more robust than mine here
in Atlanta. I can't get anything meaningful from "Boomerang" (Justice
League, for example), Nick ("Avatar") or any of the other channels. The
things you can get On Demand, i've had to get by paying for a more expensive
package

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com> aladvantage.com>
I've have started watching on Comcast on Demand

Astromancer wrote:
> Stupid numbers...probably not figuring out who the target audience is and,
therefore, they take it out on the fans...

> KeithBJohnson@ <mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> comcast.net wrote: I
posted an e-mail the day the show was returning, then posted a follow up
asking if anyone here was watching. Only one reply, and that was from
Gymfig, who doesn't watch the show at all. Is anyone here watching it?

> I also have to repeat my complaint at CBS' not showing the entire series
again in the weeks leading up to the return. That irritates me. I watched
the whole series, but missed the last three eps and didn't want to watch
them on my laptop. I was waiting and waiting, just *knowing* that CBS would
rerun the series again, in order to build up more interest. But they didn't.
I guess they were too busy selling it to SciFi. I don't get that strategy.
ABC did the same thing with "Lost", which is maddening.

<mailto:tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com> aladvantage.com> wrote:

>> Sources: 'Jericho' To Wrap It Up
>>

>> By MICHAEL HINMAN
>> Source: SyFy Portal
>> Feb-21-2008
>>
>> It looks like the "Jericho" experiment is about to come to an end.
>>
>> Sources have told SyFy Portal that CBS is gearing up to air the series
>> finale version of the post-apocalyptic series on March 25, one of two
>> endings shot that would either allow a cliffhanger going into a third
>> season, or a proper amount of closure for "Jericho" fans who fought hard
>> to force CBS to reconsider its previous decision to cancel the show.
>>
>> "There are a lot of people here who really care about what happens to
>> 'Jericho,' and I think we all wanted to see it succeed," the source, who
>> asked not to be identified, said. "Numbers are numbers, and [CBS] had to
>> do what [CBS] had to do."
>>
>> Ratings for the first two episodes were well below even some of the
>> worst numbers the show experienced at the end of the first season which
>> helped prompt network officials to move toward cancellation. Although it
>> is competing in a post-"American Idol" scheduling environment, "Jericho"
>> struggled to compete with shows that were either in reruns, or not part
>> of mainstream viewing habits.
>>
>> At the same time, audiences in key demographics of 18 to 49 -- a demo
>> that isn't typically attracted to CBS for many of its other programmings
>> -- were noticeably absent from the first pair of viewings from the show,
>> and there is little chance they'll suddenly return in the coming weeks.
>>
>> But the decision isn't quite final yet ... network executives still have
>> room to change their mind.
>>
>> "If the audience can come back to the show in the next two episodes, and
>> I mean a lot, [CBS] may reconsider," the source said. "Fans definitely
>> have a say, and they had a say last summer [with the 'Nuts to Jericho'
>> campaign], but I think the final decision this time is going to come
>> down to hard numbers, and they're just not there for 'Jericho.'"
>>
>> Please note that none of this has been confirmed by CBS, and should be
>> treated as any rumor would.
>>
>> "Jericho" airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on CBS.
>>
>> http://www.syfyport <http://www.syfyportal.com/news424744.html>
al.com/news424744.html

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"