February 26, 2008
Cash-rich Obama Buys Yahoo

Outbids Microsoft for Internet Giant

Flush with cash after a deluge of online donations, Sen. Barack Obama
(D-Ill) stunned the business world today by outbidding Microsoft for the
Internet giant Yahoo.

The purchase of Yahoo is believed to be the largest acquisition of a
multibillion-dollar company ever by a Democratic presidential candidate,
industry experts said.

A spokesman for Microsoft at the company’s Redmond, Washington
headquarters acknowledged that the company was “disappointed” to lose
Yahoo to Sen. Obama, but added, “We can’t really be mad at him, because
we love him so.”

The news of Sen. Obama’s $48 billion offer for Yahoo sent a shudder
through Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)’s campaign, which for the past six
weeks has been subsisting on Ramen noodles.

In his televised debate in Cleveland, Ohio with Sen. Clinton, Sen. Obama
said that he was able to purchase Yahoo because his campaign was reaping
online donations averaging $1.8 billion a day.

Mr. Obama also offered to “personally hire” 2 million Ohioans to do odd
jobs around his campaign headquarters.

“People say, can we really come up with enough errands for 2 million
Ohioans to do?” he said.  “Yes we can.”

Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick praised Sen. Obama’s plan, telling
reporters, “His campaign is more than just words, he is offering people
a real opportunity to go on a Starbucks run.”

Sen. Obama later added, “My campaign is more than just words, I am
offering people a real opportunity to go on a Starbucks run.”

Elsewhere, President Bush said that the economy was not in a recession,
leading economists to conclude that the economy was in a recession.

www.borowitzreport.com

Waste Someone's Time: Forward to a Friend:
http://email.borowitzreport.com/cgi-bin/redir?MCid=fkiSOeXPuK10403ecd0a&[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&rec=6838

Sign up today for your own Borowitz Reports, click the link below or
paste it into your browser.

http://email.borowitzreport.com/cgi-bin/redir?MCid=g60OCB3xnU10403ecd0a

***Andy in Montreal – April 8***

Andy makes his first-ever appearance in Canada on Tuesday, April 8 at
the Jewish Public Library in Montreal. 7:30 PM, 5151 Côte Ste-Catherine;
admission free.

***Andy’s Only West Coast Appearance – April 24***

Andy makes his only scheduled West Coast appearance Thursday, April 24
at University of California, Santa Barbara. 8 PM at Campbell Hall.
Tickets available at
http://email.borowitzreport.com/cgi-bin/redir?MCid=Ur67PKxchs10403ecd0a

***Andy with Susie Essman and Jeffrey Toobin – May 13***

Andy hosts "Countdown to '08" on Tuesday, May 13 at 8 PM at the 92nd St.
Y with his special guests Susie Essman (HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm) and
Jeffrey Toobin (CNN, bestselling author of The Nine). The Y is located
at 92nd St. and Lexington Avenue. For tickets, go to www.92y.org.

browser:
http://list-manage.com/unsub.phtml?id=HmqZiLlHVYc10403ecd0a

<*> Your email settings: