In a message dated 3/5/2008 9:45:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Why did you hate "Angel"? Did you like its parent show, "Buffy the Vampire
Slayer"?

Nope. Angel and Buffy always win. What is the point. I would like to see the
bag guys win. That is why I hate most sci fi. The bad guys NEVER win.

The Methos comparison is probably better than McLeod. Methos was very amoral
at times, having done a lot of repulsive things over his three millennia of
existence. I remember once, when he killed an immortal female that was stalking
McLeod, he chided Mac's reluctance to kill a woman as an admirable but
potentially fatal product of his upbringing. When the lady asked Methos who
*he* was,
drawing his sword he replied "Someone who was born a long time before
'chivalry'"  All that being said, the guy isn't as cool as Methos.

true. I mess Highlander.

"Highlander: The Detective Series" is right! Indeed, most of the entire
second season of "Highlander" sucked for that reason. That was after they
killed
Tessa and revealed that Richie was an immortal.
Don't ever mention he who is annoying

For a long time, then, Mac ran around saving damsels in distress, busting up
drug gangs, solving murders. It was incredibly boring, and really didn't
require an immortal's skills. I likened the show at that time to "Renegade" the
crappy Lorenzo Lamas show where he rode around on a motorcycle, a bounty hunter
for justice.
That is anohter name that is banned from scifi noir.

"Highlander" was boring until they got back to the*immortal* angle as the
primary focus in season three.

Forgot about the old sidekick. Another element that felt cliched and wasn't
handled well. Even his partner, the lady cop was a cliche. She comes on acting
all tough. And of *course* to counterbalance her and the star, there's the
more cynical, less enlightened white male cop, the kind of guy you just know
probably isn't all that crazy about women, people of color, or new ways of
doing
things. Cliche. And when the cynical cop said to the lady "wasn't your dad
so-and-so?" I just *knew* that was coming! No young lady cop on TV is ever
introduced without her father having been a career cop before her.
Exactly. She is usually whit or hispanic and is from the street and by the
book.