http://indexed.blogspot.com/2008/03/he-knew-science-fiction-didnt-
have-to.html

George
http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "brent wodehouse"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,2267284,00.html
>
> Brave new worlds
>
> Michael Moorcock fondly remembers his friend Arthur C Clarke, the
Ego,
> visionary and gentleman
>
> Saturday March 22, 2008
>
> The Guardian
>

> I was a very young journalist of 17 or so when Arthur C Clarke
invited me to celebrate his birthday before he returned to Ceylon,
where he had recently settled. The party was scheduled for November 5
in north London. Flattered to be asked, I gave up plans to get drunk
and do exciting things with explosives and set off into the terra
incognita of Tottenham where Arthur's brother Fred lived a modest and
respectable life. A bottle in my pocket, I knocked at the door to be
greeted by Fred. "It's round the corner," he said. "I'm just off
there myself." He turned a thoughtful eye on the bottle. "I don't
think you'll need that."

<snip>