In a message dated 5/14/2008 11:05:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

1. "The Hip Hop and R&B Popoulation is a multi-billion dollar,
multicultural market with a median age of around 30. The Hip Hop and R&B
population includes people who  are in the market for yachts as well as
people who are comparing health insurance providers for their families.

How man jewish, homosexual, asian, hispanic, native american, arab, white,
surburban hip hop rapers and R&B singers do you know that are the top of the
charts?

2.
This is not a magazine for the beautiful  upscale put together woman. It
is a series of historical documents that will be part of many other
documents that people in the future wil look back upon and judge us with.
How do I know this?

When I look at pictures of Vogue, I don't see women in apple bottom jeans or
blue jean mini skirts.

Vogue Magazine, and any magazine with a high ciurculation, has two
responsibilities: one to its advertisers, and two to be accurate. In the
case of Fashion magazines, in the 21st Century, there is no excuse.
People still buy the magazine. Unless whites start complaining it is not gong
to happen. Non whites will still buy the product even if there isn't any non
white person presented.

If
General Motors and Proctor & Gamble can have ethnic peopole in THEIR ads,
and they are selling stuff people actually USE, then surely these fashion
brands can knock it off.

You are seeling a look / image. You are not selling a look with GE. You are
selling a product. They don't care what you look like, as long as you buy it.
You see ads with a light skin black woman and a dark skin black man. Blakcs
will STILL buy it.

The editorial staffs of these magazine must first
make their magazine more reflective of the fantasy they are trying to
sell. White women wish they  had Halle Berry's body  just as much as they
wish they had Heidi Klum's. Thandie Newton looks great in Gucci. Alek Wek
and Oluchi Onweagba have bodies that illustrate a designer's new dress
just as well as Nadine Wolfbeisser or Victoria Wallace -- if not better!

It's easy to dismiss this as "it's just  fashion" --  believe me I
understand -- but in many cases, it's not. It's culture. It's history.

I don't think that white women wish to have a black woman's body. That is a
myth. There are different body types that can sell. You don't have to use a
black face to sell the body type. You can use a white woman that has fuller
breasts or hips. You don't need a black face.

It is funny, Kim Kardashian has a fuller body. The perception is that she
gets alot of  attention from black men and women. I can hire her for work
without
having to hire an actually black woman.

favorites at AOL Food.