This is an actual letter recently published in my local newspaper:

Talking "white" and talking "black"

In a "Quick Hit" opinion, editorial writer James Causey criticized
Ralph Nader for saying Sen. Barack Obama talks "white" to avoid
losing white voters to Sen. John McCain.  Has Causey heard of
Ebonics?  Almost invaribly, I can determine the ethnicity of the
person I'm speaking with on the phone by the number of "likes," "you
knows" and their accent.  In fact, I'll never forget the comment by a
young black man when speaking about a black woman: "She talk white."

What's even more exceptional about Obama is that, as Nader claimed,
Obama can tone down his "blackness."  Unlike President Bush, Obama
has excellent command of the English language and has appeared to
assimilate well into "white" culture, most likely due to his
education.

People's hypersensitivity makes them try to deny differences that do
exist for lots of reasons.  Respectfully, Causey needs to get his
head out of the sand.