LMNAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- On Fri, 8/15/08, Omari Confer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Omari Confer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Talking "white" and talking "black"
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 7:58 PM

            Yeah. Good ol white folks....always good to put things in
perspective. ..

what if they ruled the world...wouldnt that be a hoot...

oh wait

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:13 PM, ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED] com> wrote:

            This is an actual letter recently published in my local newspaper:

Talking "white" and talking "black"

In a "Quick Hit" opinion, editorial writer James Causey criticized

Ralph Nader for saying Sen. Barack Obama talks "white" to avoid

losing white voters to Sen. John McCain.  Has Causey heard of

Ebonics?  Almost invaribly, I can determine the ethnicity of the

person I'm speaking with on the phone by the number of "likes," "you

knows" and their accent.  In fact, I'll never forget the comment by a

young black man when speaking about a black woman: "She talk white."

What's even more exceptional about Obama is that, as Nader claimed,

Obama can tone down his "blackness."  Unlike President Bush, Obama

has excellent command of the English language and has appeared to

assimilate well into "white" culture, most likely due to his

education.

People's hypersensitivity makes them try to deny differences that do

exist for lots of reasons.  Respectfully, Causey needs to get his

head out of the sand.

--
cwm blog
http://centralheati ngblog.blogspot. com