I hear you. Dark can lose an audience and this is a fun kidcentric
show.I don't think the target audience would be too pleased if this
started looking like Evangelion or Full Metal Alchemist. LOL!

You can do dark and still make a fun show. Xhaolin Showdown's
villains were pretty nasty and when Wuya won her version of the world
was pretty dark but the show remained pretty light.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Daryle Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
episodes,
> perhaps?
>
> The show's softness is actually  one of its better  qualities.  it
> maintains itself as a kids show.  there is still a large audience
of
> kids who  haven't seen a lot of anime,  so  getting too dark could
be
> a problem.  I say let  kids get their feet  wet with the black
> character show and then get  really  dark.
>
> I am a little amused that an average Secret Saturdays episode is
> better than almost any Sci-Fi Channel Original. I will buy a Doc
> action figure when it  comes out!
>

> On Nov 16, 2008, at 1:32 AM, Omari Confer wrote:
>

> > The show is kinda soft to be honest. It plays with dark themes
but
> > doesnt really deliver....
> >
> > c w m
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I love the show too. I believe they said that Doc is trained in
> > fourteen different martial arts styles, and to boot, he uses a
> > power glove he invented to increase his strength. But you're
right
> > that he could do some more butt kicking.

> > From: "B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > I'm hooked on Secret Saturdays. It's really great to see a black
> > science based hero and the family dynamic really adds to the
show. I
> > just wish Doc was more of a buttkicker at times.
> >
> > I forgot about Brave and the Bold but I managed to Tivo the
repeat
> > today.
> >
> > --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, KeithBJohnson@ wrote:
> > >
> > > i loved LSH, dropped some glowing reviews, but man, what
happened to
> > it? Hate that it was discontinued. Guess it goes on the growing
pile
> > of fantastic shows too soon cancelled, along with Samurai Jack.
> > > The drawing on Secret Saturdays is a bit odd, i'll admit. It
seems
> > almost too 2D at times. But I like the characters and the
stories, and
> > i like seeing people of color (a Black man as the supergenius
lead?!
> > These are truly the days of Obama!) I also like that the
storylines
> > evolve and are more than just "monster of the week". Last night
they
> > reve aled that one of the main bad guy's henchmen might be the
brother

> > of the heroine, which is cool. My only real complaint is that
there's
> > really only one villain and he's central to every story. Not that
> > that's always a bad thing, but i often tire of cartoons where
every
> > single show is a fight with the same bad guy. Limits creativity of
> > storytelling...

> > > From: Daryle Lockhart <daryle@>
> > > Most accurate review. The best show to compare this with is
LSH. I
> > used to joke about Legion being the only soap opera I've ever been
> > totally hooked on. I totally enjoyed Brave and the Bold, I
thought the
> > narrative style was great and the inside jokes were fantastic. I
also
> > really like what CN has done in creating a Friday Night lineup
> > (Batman, Secret Saturdays, then Clone Wars). It's funny, I love
the
> > retro design style on this show, but I'm still not sold on
Secret
> > BR>Saturdays' drawings.
> > >

> > > On Nov 14, 2008, at 11:24 PM, KeithBJohnson@ wrote:
> > >

> > > I hear ya! Best toon I've seen since the Legion of Superheroes.

> > > From: Justin Mohareb <justinmohareb@>
> > >

> > > It was nine kinds of awesome, even though my pvr crapped out
five
> > minutes from the end.
> > >

> > > Blue Beetle III, henchmen with their names on their chests,
Kanjar