"Ren and Stimpy" was an odd show. I wasn't a big fan of it. So, you didn't like
the new Johnny Quest?

From: "Omari Confer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Yeah the new Quest had its soul stolen from it....just like..

Ren and Stimpy
Pee Wee's playhouse
Reboot

the list goes on.....

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I agree. It's been a delight. Nothing I've seen recently is on the level of
Samurai Jack or Avatar at its best, but I like the family, the action, and the
colors. The overall animation is a bit off, as some have said. It's as if
they're trying to go for the look of the old Johnny Quest, which has a very
unique style, but not quite reaching it. But still a good show, and like I said
earlier, it's wild to me that Friday nights on Cartoon Network are now more
enjoyable to me than SciFi Channel's lineup.

You know, I was up very late last night watching the original Johnny Quest on
Boomerang. And while some eps are indeed dated, it still holds up well in some
ways. I still love the unique animation style, the music, some of the villains.
And I always like a cartoon where people actually die, not because i'm
bloodthirsty, but because it's just more realistic.  Yeah, there are the shows
like the one with the African natives shouting in their guttural language and
waving spears menacingly, but it's still a good show.  Did you see the remake
of the series in the mid '90s? It was pretty good too. The first season was
great, the second was noticeably inferiour in quality and writing.

From: "B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I loved Johnny Quest but it's a product of its time. Plus the Venture
Brothers has basically ruined it for me.

I like that the Secret Saturdays is going for the Doc Savage/Tom
Strong science hero vibe. Lots of cool tech, family dynamic and
anthropomorphic sidekick(s). It works for me.

It's not on the level of Avatar, Samurai Jack or the best of the DC
Animated Universe but it's entertaining, has a good overall story arc
and competent villains.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Omari Confer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Chewbacca is the reason I will never see it again...black
characters or
> not...
>
> (id rather see jar jar....no i take that back...)
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Daryle Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > You win with the Johnny Quest ref. EXACTLY. PERFECT refer ence.
NICE one.

> > You don't have to be "Space Ghost" to be for kids. You can take
science
> > seriously. I think, in that regard, I agree. Secret Saturdays is
soft and
> > has a little way to go. For one, maybe the Chewbacca dude has to
go.

> > On Nov 17, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Omari Confer wrote:
> >

> > Xhaolin Showdown is a good example of what I am talking about.
Let me
> > redefine soft.
> >
> > Johnny Quest was cold because the charaters are kid friendly but
the
> > science and tech was "hard".
> >
> > Any genre show has to have some kind of "hard" line for the sake
of
> > validity and watchability. Without i...it might as well be
teletubbies.

> > Plus...we all know the key to good childrens programming is to
pepper
> > enough for adults to enjoy.
> >
> > Its just not enough...id rather watch powerpuff reruns.....
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:13 AM, B. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I hear you. Dark can lose an audience and this is a fun
kidcentric
> >> show.I don't think the target audience would be too pleased if
this
> >> started looking like Evangelion or Full Metal Alchemist. LOL!
> >>
> >> You can do dark and still make a fun show. Xhaolin Showdown's
> >> villains were pretty nasty and when Wuya won her version of the
world
> >> was pretty dark but the show remained pretty light.
> >>

> >> --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com <scifinoir2%
40yahoogroups.com>, Daryle

> >> episodes,

> >> of