From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Recommend Your Vampire Favorites
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 7:39 PM

Like Martin and I said, i'm tiring of the suave, young vampire as hunk
nowadays. I'm also not a real big fan of vampyrs. Nothing against them, just
not in love with the genre. So my list is relatively small:

"Nosferatu" - one of the first and one of the best
"Dracula" (1931) - Bela Lugosi as the Count. A bit dated and camp, but still
fun to watch
"Billy the Kid vs. Dracula" -- you read that right!  A Western vampire flick,
so horribly bad it's a must-see!
"Curse of the Undead" - An undead gunslinger-for- hire in the old West! Watch
the priest's shirt button with a cross on it used as a killer bullet!
"Dance of the Vampires" (aka "The Fearless Vampire Killers") - Roman Polanski's
comedic take was goofy, entertaining fun
"Dracula" (1972) - the classic with Peter Cushing as Van Helsing and
Christopher Lee as the Count. Gotta love using the candlesticks to make a Cross!
"Blacula" - so bad it's good, Blaxploitation enters the realm of the Undead
"Salem's Lot" - the original miniseries. The little vampire boy floating
oustide saying "Mommy, I'm cold" still creeps me out.
"Fright Night" - another fun movie about vampires, with a good modern take.
"The Lost Boys" - the movie's a kick, vamps like some kind of fun-loving Peter
Pans--who just happen to like chewing on necks!
"Ultraviolet" - the Brit miniseries that took a new (to me) take on vamps as a
misunderstood ethnic group. Good, intelligent, and atmospheric.
"Blade" and "Blade II" - not like the comic, but good escapist action

From: "tdemorsella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] aladvantage. com>

a few days ago, Bosco brought to our attention, a Vampire flick ("Let
The Right One In") that many of us likely would have missed. Are
their other gems out there? Please post a list of some of your
favorite vampire movies and books.

Tracey