I like your picks. I'm not into hunky vampires at all.

Meta

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Like Martin and I said, i'm tiring of the suave, young vampire as
hunk nowadays. I'm also not a real big fan of vampyrs. Nothing against
them, just not in love with the genre. So my list is relatively small:

> "Nosferatu" - one of the first and one of the best
> "Dracula" (1931) - Bela Lugosi as the Count. A bit dated and camp,
but still fun to watch
> "Billy the Kid vs. Dracula" -- you read that right!  A Western
vampire flick, so horribly bad it's a must-see!
> "Curse of the Undead" - An undead gunslinger-for-hire in the old
West! Watch the priest's shirt button with a cross on it used as a
killer bullet!
> "Dance of the Vampires" (aka "The Fearless Vampire Killers") - Roman
Polanski's comedic take was goofy, entertaining fun
> "Dracula" (1972) - the classic with Peter Cushing as Van Helsing and
Christopher Lee as the Count. Gotta love using the candlesticks to
make a Cross!
> "Blacula" - so bad it's good, Blaxploitation enters the realm of the
Undead
> "Salem's Lot" - the original miniseries. The little vampire boy
floating oustide saying "Mommy, I'm cold" still creeps me out.
> "Fright Night" - another fun movie about vampires, with a good
modern take.
> "The Lost Boys" - the movie's a kick, vamps like some kind of
fun-loving Peter Pans--who just happen to like chewing on necks!
> "Ultraviolet" - the Brit miniseries that took a new (to me) take on
vamps as a misunderstood ethnic group. Good, intelligent, and atmospheric.