--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@...>
wrote:

> I liked her when she did a serious episode with Odo on DS9 and on
Next Gen
> with the guy she fell in love with whose society euthanized elders.
 Too bad
> they always used her for comic relief.  That character had so much
> unexplored potential
Most of the women of Trek had unexplored potential but it seemed for
the most part that unless they could be paired with a male any of
their other potential was left to the imagination. Trek does not do
women well. Its either ultra butch or ultra fem, with very few
glimpses of anything in between. They always forget just how strong a
female following they have.

Meta