Being "Rochester" is not a pejorative in my book.  Eddie "Rochester"
Anderson broke no nonsense, always got the last word and, IMHO, had a
lot more dignity and personal integrity than either Alfred Pennyworth,
Hobson or Mr. Giles French.

In fact, following in the footsteps of Ivan Dixon, Gregg Morris and
Ving Rhames is nothing to sneeze at.  I'm just sayin'....

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@...>
wrote:

> I do not think he is the most important character.  While I worried
about
> him being as you described in the pilot, there were changes made
thereafter
> that gives me hope they are taking his character elsewhere.  As I
said, you
> need to watch beyond the pilot.  The pilot was a lot weaker than the
show is
> overall. Think Next Generation of DS9.  The pilots did not resemble
how the
> series eventually turned out.  I can't think of a series right now
in which
> they retool right after the pilot, but it is common.  They did that with
> this show in terms of the characters in my view
>
> I did not like the character in the pilot.   He irked me and I
thought what
> you thought to some degree..  By the second episode, it felt like
they had
> done some retooling.  Now with them beginning to really have some good
> interplay among all the characters,  I have high hopes for it.  It's
not as
> good as burn notice, but it ain't bad.  I find myself looking
forward to it

> You may still see this going in the direction you describe, but the
> producers say they intentionally did not make him the thug (the role
played
> by Christian Kane) despite the fact that he really is Black belt in five
> forms of martial arts, he tends to get thug or athlete role, because
they
> wanted his character to break the stereotype.  After the pilot, I
started to
> see that.
>
> I did not like most of the characters that much in the pilot.  Now, I'm
> really starting to like all of them (including the Black guy)
because of how
> they are developing their personalities and relationships
>
> However, maybe for you, he will always be Rochester

Kinchloe (the