From: "Martin Baxter" <truthseeker...@lycos.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:29:46 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Every Movie Ever Made On The 'Net?

        Again true, Keith.

Date : Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:58:01 +0000 (UTC)
>From : Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

Yeah, they show silent films every Sunday night/Monday morning starting at
midnight. I saw "Metropolis" a few months ago. I understand there are actually
a couple different versions of that film, not sure if what I saw was closest to
the "director's cut". Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, and a host of other
silent stars have been showcased on TCMs late night show. It's great stuff, but
my only complain is the wisdom of showing silent films primarily late night on
Sunday. Not only do many people miss it because they have to get up Monday to
go to work, but it's a bit hard to watch a film where one *has* to focus on
reading the screen that late at night. Silent films are all visual cues and
clues, and I'm often too tired to give them the attention they deserve at that
time.