 Subject : Re: [scifinoir2] Every Movie Ever Made On The 'Net?

 Date : Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:54:21 +0000 (UTC)

 From : Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@...>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

Didja by chance catch "Nosferatu" late Sunday night on TCM? I'm not sure if
that was a remastered copy, though I seem to remember it was. It still looked
old too, though I wonder, how easy is it to remove all the video "scratches"
and noise from a film, even with advanced digital processing?

> Still a great film, and makes me wish all the more that Hollywood gets back
> to the old concept of the vampyr as a frightening, repulsive beast, and give
> this romantic, angst-filled hunk angle a rest for a while.

Hollywood might not, but if you search other countries still put out the
ocassional very good vampire film.  I recently saw the foreign film, "Let the
Right One In"  It doesn't have the high budget of most Hollywood films, but it
handles vampires right. None of that "Twilight" pablum that got all the media
buzz.  This film slipped through the cracks, but it is a superior vampire movie
in every way.  Should be out on DVD as I write this.