I saw Mc Gruber once for five minutes.  It was funny, but it was only five
minutes.  I’m not sure it would be funny for an hour.  So, have any SNL films
been successful?

From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scifino...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Martin Baxter
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:58 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RE][scifinoir2] 'MacGruber' May Be Next SNL Film

Another in the long line of successful SNL films... :P

Subject : [scifinoir2] 'MacGruber' May Be Next SNL Film
Date : Sat, 23 May 2009 14:38:27 -0700
>From : "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com>
To : <scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com>

'MacGruber'
May
Be Next SNL Film

by Monika Bartyzel
May 19th 2009 // 12:45PM

Filed under: Comedy , Deals
, RumorMonger

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2009/05/mac052009.jpg

The season might be over after Will Ferrell wrapped it up in a nice bow, but
the Saturday Night Live train keeps
truckin'. When the George Foster Peabody Awards were held the other day in
New York City, it became an SNL news releasing zone. Besides talking about
their hunt for new writers and stars, Lorne
Michaels
talked about movies. Specifically, he told

6e8b382c253723efd> The Hollywood Reporter that a big feature film for
MacGruber is being considered, and that "it would have to be in the summer
because we are back in production in the fall." Not this summer, I'd
imagine, since they're "still in discussions."

Hello timely spoofs and product placement! You might remember that New Line
started the quest for a new MacGyver back

p:/www.cinematical.com/2009/03/16/macgyver-heads-for-the-big-screen/> in
March, so naturally it'd make sense to match that with Will Forte's
MacGyver
spoof. And oh, the product placement that's possible! If you Google
"MacGruber," you'll be greeted by a sea of blog posts and clips of the
SNL/Pepsi commercials where the
hero hands in his mixed drink for an obsession with Pepsi products.

But could this be anything other than a short skit stretched way too long?
The skits are a silly laugh, but I fear a feature might send it into
eye-rolling Rob Schneider territory.

Are you primed for an hour and a half of supreme MacGruber action?

MacGruber~!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds