I often argue that fiction is truer than non-fiction.  These five episodes sum
up the cruel state of the world better than any news report I have ever seen or
read.  The machinations of the power elite in "Children" ape what happens in
caucus, conference and board rooms all over the world, everyday.

What thought provoking stuff!  Is Captain Jack's sacrifice inherently any
different than the deal the powers-that-be made with the 456?  They both made
their choices "for the greater good" based on time constraints and the
information they had at hand.

And what a great juxtaposition between the choices Jack and Home Office civil
servant John Forbisher make.  Earlier Forbisher had told Jack "You're a better
man than I am," but is he really? It has long been my deeply held belief that a
parent's prime directive is to protect their children.  My mantra regarding
mine is "these are mine and you can't have them."

Further, was it easier of Captain Jack to make his choice (his daughter could
not have made it) because he cannot die and has and will see so many of his
love ones perish?

I am all for plausible danger but DAYUM! are they gonna kill EVERYBODY????(by
the by: Tosh would have figured out the frequency thing way before episode
five).

~rave!