The thing that I loved most about the miniseries was that they didn't pull any
punches and Captain Jack was shown to be all too fallible. Jack made an
arrogant mistake that cost him dearly and the final sacrifice was even more
devastating. I'm glad they didn't go with a deus ex machina ending that would
have cheapened what came before.