I think John Stewart in the cartoon is representing all GL in the cartoons;
thus he is part Hal part Kyle....no Guy thank god. I accept John's role in
the GL panthenon due to the fact that he might be the second best Lantern
ever...Kyle might have him beat. Keith, I honestly think that having a JLA
without Hal Jordan is wrong.....He is basically a suicidal fighter pilot
given ultimate power, and he let it drive him insane. This alone makes him
the perfect hero- Sacrificial and flawed. Maybe not the perfect DC hero
(because he has flaws) but the perfect Marvel hero.

c w m

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Keith Johnson
<keithbjohn...@comcast.net>wrote:

> Good luck. In the comics, at least, it appears Hal Jordan is the
> pre-eminent Lantern once again. I read the first issue of this "Black
> Lantern" saga, and there's a scene where Hal appears in the rebuilt Coast
> Ciy, flanked by John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Guy Gardner.  Hal called them
> his "wingmen".  And, never having been a faithful GL fan, i am struck by how
> much less tough and commanding John Stewart seems to be in the comic,
> compared to his portrayal in the Justice League cartoons. And that's saying
> something, since the cartoon GL had an extremely limited pallet of
> constructs he made with the Ring.

clockworkman blog
http://centralheatingblog.blogspot.com
STRING THEORY