From: "Omari Confer" <clockwork...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:29:36 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Google's Cool DC Comics Logo

I think John Stewart in the cartoon is representing all GL in the cartoons;
thus he is part Hal part Kyle....no Guy thank god. I accept John's role in the
GL panthenon due to the fact that he might be the second best Lantern
ever...Kyle might have him beat. Keith, I honestly think that having a JLA
without Hal Jordan is wrong.....He is basically a suicidal fighter pilot given
ultimate power, and he let it drive him insane. This alone makes him the
perfect hero- Sacrificial and flawed. Maybe not the perfect DC hero (because he
has flaws) but the perfect Marvel hero.

c w m

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

Good luck. In the comics, at least, it appears Hal Jordan is the pre-eminent
Lantern once again. I read the first issue of this "Black Lantern" saga, and
there's a scene where Hal appears in the rebuilt Coast Ciy, flanked by John
Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Guy Gardner. Hal called them his "wingmen". And,
never having been a faithful GL fan, i am struck by how much less tough and
commanding John Stewart seems to be in the comic, compared to his portrayal in
the Justice League cartoons. And that's saying something, since the cartoon GL
had an extremely limited pallet of constructs he made with the Ring.